Monday 7 July 2014

Abi Ballerina

I want to share with you my latest card, I decided that I am going to enter a few competitions and the first one being the All Dressed Up Challenge so I downloaded the free dig stamp Abi Ballerina, which can be found here.



I coloured my image with spectrum noir from +Crafter's Companion I used:

Hair - TN3, EB3, EB4, TN8
Skin - FS2, FS4, FS6, CR3
Dress - PP1, PP2, PP3, PP4
Background - TB1, blender
Shadow, BG1, BG2
I then used the quickie glue pen to add pink glitter to the edges of her dress.



I used spun sugar distress ink to stamp faux stitching around the edge of the image, I also blended it around the edges of the image and the card. I chose an 8 x 8 card as I wanted to keep the image to a good size. I cut 1" off the front of the card so that I could design the insert with Happy Birthday along the right hand edge and would show when the card is closed. I used +Serif  craft artist 2 and chose papers from digikit Isabel by Angie Hinksman, to use as the insert & frame around my sentiment which reads:

 Let's dance  for your birthday,
 Let's twirl and spin,
 Let's dance for your birthday, 
Let the party begin.
 Happy Birthday



I stamped 3 different butterfly images twice and used cosmic shimmer embossing powder and rubbed over them with spun sugar distress ink to add some pink to tie them in with design, I've then used silicone glue to add dimension, and pink gems for the body of the butterfly.






I've used this sketch from my card making & papercraft magazine (issue133), as a guide for my layout, using some fab papers from my stash.


& TaaDaah finished card:



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

 All Dressed Up Challenge - your favourite all dressed up image
the pink elephant challenge - anything goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - anything goes

Wish me luck it's my first time entering challenges

Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by 

Karen
X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...